The mosaic floor, marble inlay and parquetry, has at its center the family crest. In the right wall there is a niche with the image of St. Nicholas Bishop of Myra. In front, on the left, it is of great interest the valuable gilded wooden icon with the Crucifixion and four Saints of Siena Paolo di Giovanni Fei.
This was a portable altar, inseparable companion of Cardinal Enrico Capece Minutolo, before which, in any place, he celebrated mass. Later. a side door in front of the altar allows access to the sacristy, decorated with ovals representing bishops and cardinals of the family. To the right of the altar is placed the sarcophagus of Archbishop of Naples Filippo Capece Minutolo who served as head of the church in the 13th century.
The case, which since February 14, 1965 contains the new Archbishop’s body, is governed by small twisted columns and contains an inscription that recalls the commitment of the family Capece Minutolo in keeping alive care Chapel. To the left of the altar the sarcophagus of the Archbishop of Salerno can be found, who was the former canon of the Cathedral of Naples, Orso Capece Minutolo and died in 1327.
The walls are decorated with frescoes depicting Dame, prelates and knights in Capece Minutolo Weapons. Next to the entrance, on the left, they are depicted St. Anthony of Padua and St. Catherine of Siena; He follows in the gutter Santa Maria Maddalena covered by her flowing hair. Complete the frescoes decorating depicting various scenes from the New Testament, including the stories of St. Peter and St. Paul.
The very interesting lectio by Prof. Ettore Janulardo the XXIII International Conference Chianciano Terme-Pienza 18-21 / 7/2011, on the theme “The meaning and function of the Cathedral and the Jubilee from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance”, entitled “The city and the Cathedral: visions of Naples between 300 and 500. Lectio, taking as inspiration the initial Tavola Strozzi, pays particular attention to Minutolo Chapel.